Goals. Resolutions. Shitty excuses to be proactive because you have no direction whatsoever. Whatever you call ’em, I have 20 of them.
Call me crazy, but as everyone’s pointed out, a new decade calls for a new sense of self, and at 30 years old, I want a whole new me. That’s not to say one needs a list of 20 resolutions for a free pass at reinvention, but that’s my prescribed solution.
I tried making a video explaining these goals because I honestly didn’t feel like typing it all out at the time. I still don’t think I feel like typing it all out, but here goes…
- Write and illustrate my own work of fiction
- Maintain a routine and good rituals
- Reduce waste by 50 percent
- Travel to a new state or West Texas (basically a new state)
- Go to all the doctors
- Learn elementary Spanish or Tagalog
- Paint on three canvases
- Feel graceful
- Pay off 50 percent of student debt
- Learn 36 new keeper recipes
- Move to a different city
- Adopt a dairy-free alternative
- Take a solo trip – done (read about that here)
- Finish one Bullet Journal
- Take a pottery class
- Do 20 push-ups
- Start and/or maintain new venture
- Host a dinner party
- Work seven freelance projects
- Get into a PhD program
And that’s all. Some are really just one-and-done in the sense that I can knock them out in a weekend. Others are multi-level monsters that are supposed to make me a more well-intended, well-rounded person.
Do you have any resolutions for 2020 or are just doin’ you? Go for it.